An upright, slender, grey-green stem densely covered with white spines. The stem can reach up to 10 feet tall and only about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Older plants that are over 18 inches tall can produce deep red burgundy flowers.
Cleistocactus strausii (Silver Torch)
$4.49 – $9.99
An upright, slender, grey-green stem densely covered with white spines.
SKU: N/A Category: Cacti
- Soil/Planting: When planting or repotting your plants, you always should use cacti soil or a well draining soil. Choosing a new pot can be a fun task, but you want to make sure that there are drainage holes in the pot.
- Fertilizer: To help insure your new succulent gets the nutrients it needs, we recommend using a cactus fertilizer once a month during the growing season.
- Watering: Water thoroughly when the soil is dry. Allow soil to dry out between watering. If you are unsure about how much to water, a moisture meter is an inexpensive tool that can help. During the winter months, be careful to not overwater.
- Hardiness: Plants will not tolerate frost and should be brought indoors or to a protective area. You should always check to see if your plant will survive outside during the winter month.
- Water: water when dry
- Light: full sun/bright light
- Hardiness: will not tolerate frost
- Bloom time: late Summer
- Soil: cactus soil
- Growth Rate: moderate
$4.49 – $9.99
$6.49 – $17.99
$5.49 – $14.99
There are no reviews yet.